About Projektron GmbH
Displaying complexity simply, automating business processes and empowering project teams. This has been our vision since the company was founded in 2001. Since then, Projektron GmbH, our employees and our product, Projektron BCS, have been constantly developing. We show where we come from, where we are going and what we stand for.
Innovative, platform-independent, ideally adaptable to the needs of every project and every company. That was the mission of Maik Dorl, Dr. Marten Huisinga and Jörg Cohrs in the fall of 2000 when the three founders set to work in the Kreuzberg borough of Berlin. The first version of Projektron BCS was delivered to the first customers immediately after the GmbH was founded in February 2001. And it was something to be proud of, because project management in the browser had never existed before! The first award was not long in coming: The Internet World Award in the category "Best Application" was the first award in our trophy cabinet, which is now full and has been expanded several times.
The signs are still pointing to constant, continuous and sustainable growth. Neither the bursting of the Internet bubble in 2001, the financial and economic crisis from 2008 nor the Corona crisis could put a damper on this - quite the opposite: Especially in times of tight budgets, Projektron BCS (Business Coordination Software) was able to play to its strengths and alleviate the cost pressure of our customers. The functional scope of the software expanded module by module, function by function.
As the number of customers grew, so did the number of employees and locations. In 2005, we set up the first location outside Berlin in Munich. Just one year later, the third location opened in Hamburg, in 2015 we inaugurated our office in Stuttgart, and in 2022 our office in Würzburg. The goal of expanding with Projektron offices in various locations is to offer our customers the best possible service and competent advice on site. A move to a modern office building in the Mitte district in 2010 also significantly expanded the Projektron headquarters in Berlin. The strategy has been a complete success to this day. Our customers can rely on the fact that we stand for
- investment security and
- comprehensive service.
21 years after the company was founded
- 106 Projektron employees at
- 5 locations working for
- 850 customer companies, each with
- 3 to 3,000 user licenses in
- 17 countries.
We look back on a successful company history and are still far from reaching our goal. We continue to grow.
Growing, working, living: our corporate culture
Our vibrant corporate culture is the result of dedicated HR work that has been successful for over 20 years. From the very beginning, the demand for excellence and equal opportunities has been important. The proportion of women at Projektron is above average for a company in the ITC sector. More than half of the employees work less than 40 hours a week and more than 90 percent of the employees have a university degree. Projektron has a low turnover rate.
- We value a healthy work-life balance and, thanks to flexible working hours, family-friendly part-time models, paid overtime and fair remuneration, prove to be an attractive employer that has won many awards.
- We have been providing training since 2003 and, through our university partnerships, enable students to complete dual courses of study, practical semesters and final theses at Projektron.
- Numerous training opportunities enable employees of all experience levels and departments to expand their existing skills or open up completely new horizons.
- A variety of company events, health training, massages, regular sports activities and the daily hot lunch not only provide ample opportunity for team building and exchange between departments, but also for exercise and health awareness in everyday life.
Our product: Projektron BCS
Projektron BCS is a comprehensive web-based business coordination software that has much more to offer than just project management software. With Projektron BCS you will prepare your projects
- according to various project management methods such as Scrum, PRINCE2, IPMA, GPM, Hermes or BPMN 2.0,
- plan in detail,
- execute them in a structured way,
- evaluate them meticulously and
- precisely account for them.
In Projektron BCS you manage
- customer and supplier data,
- digital employee files and documents,
- created and received quotations and invoices,
- recorded attendance and working times, vacation budgets and working time models.
Thanks to the modular structure and a variety of interfaces, you can integrate the software flexibly into your existing organizational structure. All project members access their project data via the browser, regardless of location. In addition, we provide functions that can be used throughout the company, for example, to support your personnel management, to enable you to work according to Scrum or with tickets. Projektron BCS is available in seven languages and is supplemented by extensive documentation.
In addition to the software, Projektron GmbH offers extensive services. These range from intensive customer support to target group-specific Projektron BCS training courses and individual workshops to appropriate user support in the support department.
Globally active corporations such as ZF Friedrichshafen AG and Volkswagen trust Projektron BCS, as do medium-sized companies and public institutions. In addition to IT system houses and multimedia agencies, consulting companies and research institutions also plan their projects with our BCS.
Projektron BCS.start is the product variant especially for small companies and individual departments of larger organizations. The inexpensive edition for up to 15 employees covers important work processes - from quoting to invoicing.
Since the company was founded, we have been able to enjoy a wealth of different honors, prizes and awards for Projektron GmbH - both for our software and for our human resources work. However, we interpret these prizes and awards not only as recognition for services rendered, but above all as an incentive to constantly develop and improve even further.
Here is just a small selection of our highlights from recent years:
- In all participations and for the eigth time in 2022, we have been honored by Great Place to Work.
- In 2020, we received the VQB Quality Award for the second time, this time with the rating "Excellently Managed Company".
- In 2021, we received the TOTAL E-QUALITY award for equal opportunities for the fourth time and again the additional award for diversity.
- In 2016, Projektron received the award as the most family-friendly company in the state-wide competition "Unternehmen für Familie - Berlin" (Companies for the Family - Berlin).
- In 2016, we also won the BestPersAward for professional and sustainable HR work for the third time in a row.