What is necessary for the operation of Projektron BCS?
We recommend the following software and hardware for the latest version of the project management software Projektron BCS.
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- Mozilla Firefox 52 or later
- Google Chrome 57 or later
- Apple Safari 9 or later
Older versions of the listed browser are supported with restrictions in graphic display. You can call up BCS on mobile devices via a browser. However, in this case we cannot guarantee full functionality.
Touchscreen features of Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 and 11 are partly supported.
In order to be able to open quotations, reports or invoices in PDF format, you also need Adobe Reader 11 or later (or the appropriate plug-in).
If you want to access Projektron BCS document management (file storage) via the WebDAV protocol, you need a compatible WebDAV client.
Recommended operating systems
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Linux Kernel 4.x
- Virtual servers with VMware or Citrix Xen supported
Recommended Java environment
- Java SE Development Kit (JDK) 8
Recommended servlet container
- Apache Tomcat 7 (Version 7.0.78 or higher)
- Apache Tomcat 8 (Version 8.5.32 or higher)
- PostgreSQL 9.5 (9.5.5)
- PostgreSQL 9.4 (9.4.1)
- PostgreSQL 9.3 (9.3.6)
- PostgreSQL 10 (10.1)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (with Service Pack 1)
- Oracle 12c
- Oracle 11g
Up to 25 user
- At least DualCore-CPU
- At least 8 GB RAM (3 GB for Projektron BCS, 3 GB database)
Up to 50 user
- At least a CPU with 4 processor cores
- At least 12 GB RAM (4 GB for Projektron BCS, 4 GB database)
Up to 100 users
- At least a CPU with 8 processor cores
- At least 32 GB RAM (14 GB for Projektron BCS, 14 GB database)
Up to 200 users
- At least a CPU with 12 processor cores
- At least 48 GB RAM (20 GB for Projektron BCS, 20 GB database)
Up to 400 users
On this scale, we recommend separate servers for productive and test systems.
- Productive system
At least a CPU with 16 processor cores
At least 60 GB RAM (24 GB for Projektron BCS, 24 GB database)
- Test system
At least a CPU with 4 processor cores
At least 12 GB RAM (4 GB for Projektron BCS, 4 GB database)
- External storage system (SAN or NAS) for file repositories, reports and backups
- To improve availability, we additionally recommend a virtual infrastructure with live migration features.
More than 400 users
In order to be able to recommend the right hardware for a high number of users it is important to us to know your areas of application for Projektron BCS. Please contact us, we advise you individually.
To backup data of your Projektron BCS environment, we suggest regular use of the existing tools of your database management system (DBMS) or using the Projektron BCS integrated backup mechanism.
The advantage of the integrated backup mechanism by Projektron BCS: In addition to your database, your file repositories and configuration directory are also secured. For further information and a detailed explanation of data backup, we recommend you visit our training:
Changes to §13 Telemedia Act
We would like to point out the revision of §13 of the Telemedia Act (TMG for short) to you. This creates further obligations for you as an operator of Projektron BCS, if you act as a service provider in terms of applicable law.
The measures mentioned here have no claim to completeness and represent no legally binding statements. Since the measures can vary depending on the company, this section serves merely as information about the changes in §13 TMG.
After the revision of §13 TMG, you as a service provider are obligated to take technical and organizational measures to prevent unauthorized access to the technical installations and stored personal data (for example internal employee data or customer data).
Installation of security updates can be a fundamental part of these measures, which is why we would like to point out that regular updating of Projektron BCS and the system environment (email server, web server, database system, wiki system, etc.) is vital. The use of a firewall also makes sense as a protective measure against illegal access from outside. Furthermore, access to Projektron BCS via the Internet should take place using encrypted connections such as https or VPN.
We generally recommend regular and timely updates of your Projektron BCS system. Along with the newest additions to the software, you also benefit from improved security when security loopholes are patched.
- Android 4.0.3 or higher
- iOS 8 or higher
- Windows Phone 8.1 or higer
- BlackBerry OS 10.0
Data storage, business logic and presentation logic: Projektron BCS is based on a highly scalable three-tier Java application.
- The user interface is the web browser.
- The web browser communicates with the Servlet Engine via HTTP or encrypted via HTTPS.
- The Servlet Engine processes the enquiry with a Servlet.
- The Servlet communicates with the Projektron BCS server.
- The Projektron BCS server
- processes the input of the user,
- connects databases to the system,
- can export data to external systems and import them from there.
- Databases include SQL 92 compatible, transaction secure relational databases.
- As an alternative to the web interface, administrators can use command line tools for accessing the Projektron BCS server.
- Thanks to its architecture, Projektron BCS is highly scalable.
- The Projektron BCS server, database and file system can be installed on different servers.
- You can configure additional attributes and remark lists for each object in Projektron BCS.
- The user interface can be redefined with regard to content and can be adjusted to your corporate design via style sheets and custom graphics.
Networked information systems in companies
Thanks to standard support of Apache Camel, the web-based Projektron BCS project management software is even easier to integrate in company-wide information systems (enterprise application integration).
Apache Camel simplifies the integration of heterogeneous and independent business solutions, since it can work with various protocols like HTTP, JMS or AMQP and makes various interfaces compatible. Since Apache Camel is based on open standards, the implementation of integration can be carried out by Projektron GmbH or external service providers.
Executive partner with ETECTURE GmbH, Software Development
For us, a web-based system was important: This is the technology we know best. Moreover, our employees are distributed over three locations and sometimes also work at home. Only browsers and internet access are required to use Projektron BCS. This really accommodates our organization's needs.